Sunday, April 25, 2004

Let it go


I remembered to put in my retainer last night. The reason my jaw is sore now is from gritting my teeth this morning during coffee-with-the-girls. I am in such a pissy mood I probably should not have gone. All the little things, I had no patience for them. Fortunately I had to duck out after an hour-and-a-half to get home so DH could take DS1 to the ballgame. The competition and repetition are just a little insane... but I can handle it, I'm used to it. Where I really get ticked though is if the topic ever turns to politics, because these women are ignorant, in the true sense of the word. They have no idea what they are talking about. If they are lucky they get 10 minutes of national and international news a day from Peter Jennings. That's not news, it's spin. I don't have the time or energy to educate them, and besides that, they are not interested in being educated. So when the talk turned towards the Middle East, I was just as happy to be leaving.

Let's see, we talked about my hair, and mentioned the my upcoming colonoscopy too. What I didn't talk about: cheerleading, the Princeton Review, my freelance job (except in the context of giving one of the others advice on setting her rates for the web page building she is doing now), my kids. I'm tired of listening to other moms talking about how brilliant their kids are and how they work all day with them on their homework. I'm not like that: DS1 does his homework, we review it together. I don't have to sit with him all day to get it done. He's in first grade! We read together. We talk about stuff. He's cool. He's bright but not a prodigy. He's happy, and as far as I can tell, he's secure and comfortable with himself. He's a nice kid, too. It's all good...

I know I'm grumpy because of the upcoming procedure. It's hanging like a weight over me. Grrrrr.

Didn't do much today after coffee. Got home and didn't feel like rushing around, so hung out for a while. That made it too late to get lunch and go to Borders, so we just went out to lunch at the Elephant Bar. The kids were fine, but the waitress ignored me for a good 10 minutes. Grrrr, again.

The kids only ate half their meals, actually less than that for DS2, so I brought the leftovers home and then went out again to drop off my prescriptions I need for Tuesday's prep. There were issues with both of them, but I should still be able to pick them up tomorrow once they call the dr's office. How was I supposed to know that I was supposed to leave the instructions stapled to the prescription form?

DD and DS2 played beautifully all afternoon, and if I were not in such a funk I would've worked, but I lazed around and watched Trading Spaces: Home Free (psyched the light blue team won). DS1 had a great time at the game with his dad; DBacks over the Padres, 12-7.

This whole day has passed in a fog, with a sense of just marking time. All the ambition of yesterday has evaporated. My sciatica is really acting up and my hands are ouching, too, because I had to stop the Vioxx prior to the procedure.

I really should just stop bitching and do some work, it should go fast. I have all my screen shots, I don't have to do any back-and-forth in the product at all. I have so many things I want to get done, yet when I have the time, I am blocked, I don't do anything. Sucks. I hope that after Wednesday morning I can just get over all this and get moving again.

Watching Scarface, which somehow I had not yet managed to see before. It's a good contrast to The Sopranos. Italian mobsters vs Cuban mobsters. So removed from my existence, all this casual violence and disregard for life. Thank God.

No comments: