Monday, September 05, 2005

wallowing

Nearly the first thing I did this morning was burn the bacon into inedible bits of charcoal.

Not an auspicious start to the day.

I spent the whole day in pj's, websurfing or watching TV or generally lying around.

I've done some research. I may have the more aggressive diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary thyroid cancer. Since I'm only guessing half the time when I read medical references, I won't come right out and self-diagnose, but I will say that would explain why the cancer is not responding to suppression.

OTOH, I have a sore throat and maybe all those lymph nodes are showing up just because I have a cold... oh, how I wish I could believe that!

Swallowing is becoming a dicey proposition once again. I understand that some difficulty is to be expected when you're choking down horsepills, but seriously, no one should have to choke when taking a sip of water. I don't think my neck liked being poked on Friday, even if it was only 2 sticks.

So today was my day to feel kind of crummy and do nothing and be shell-shocked, but by tomorrow, I am officially over this wallowing business. It just gets to be boring after a while.

No comments: