Monday, September 12, 2005

blah

I have a couple of posts percolating but since they require looking up links and references, I don't have the energy to do them now.

Yesterday afternoon I took the kids over to the Y and did my laps (4, better) while they played (thank you, Y lifeguards.) Came home, got the little ones bathed, took my own shower (chlorine itches!), made dinner, did laundry, watched "Rome" off the TiVO... a good day.

This morning, I felt like my head was going to explode so I took ibuprofen, did not work. I've been taking Immodium with every meal and that isn't working all that well, either. So between the head and the stomach and everything else, just -- yech.

Of course I lie to everyone who asks "How are you?" Well, not too much of a lie, I thnk: I usually say "I'm hanging in there," which is non-specific enough but still doesn't invite too much inquiry. I don't want to deal with it.

Hoping to hear something today, but probably won't. Don't know whether to sigh or scream, and so will do neither.

No comments: