Thursday, September 08, 2005

spot report

The appointment with the dermatologist went very well. There's only one spot under surveillance for now, the doc thinks it's just a fibroma, and nothing to be concerned with, unless of course it changes.

So now I'm 2-for-3 in diagnostics, with only one more test, my mammogram, remaining.

It's hard to describe how profoundly relieved I am that I do not need any skin biopsies. They are not particularly painful and at this point, having had so many, I feel as if I take the stress involved in having stitches and waiting for the pathology report in stride -- but the reality is, it's still stressful. Even if it's only 2 stitches, it's still stressful. I hadn't realized how much I was worried about this appointment -- too many other, bigger worries were taking over. But I'm very happy now to have my clean slate.

No comments: