Reading Virginia Postrel's Dynamist blog today, I recalled that Ross had tagged me some time over the summer with the same meme that Virginia blogged about, the Eight Random Things meme.
Before I get to that, I want to wish Virginia well as she begins her treatment for breast cancer. Damn cancer. I hate it.
Like Virginia, I refuse to tag anyone else, since I don't think I could name eight people who fit the criteria of 1) knowing who I am and 2) being likely to play along. Now, eight random facts about me:
1. I'm left-handed. Two of my six siblings are left-handed, and two of my three children are left-handed.
2. My undergraduate degree is in behavioral science in management.
3. Related to 2, I'm an alumna of a fraternity.
4. I'm on my fourth set of front teeth.
5. The last remaining vestige of my Boston accent: I cannot pronounce an "ing" ending on a verb as anything other than "in" (f.ex., goin', walkin') without feeling as if I am over-enunciating and thus sound stupid.
6. I eat at least one square of dark bittersweet chocolate a day. This has absolutely nothing to do with the anti-oxidant properties this chocolate is reported to have.
7. I briefly dated a Deadhead,and once fell asleep during the extended drum solo ("drums in space") at a Dead concert.
8. I weigh more than it says on my driver's license. Not a lot, but some.