Friday, June 29, 2007

further notes

I'm having trouble posting photos to the blog from my mother's computer. I'm not sure what the trouble is, but it is really frustrating!

I love having my little rental car. It's a Chevy Cobalt, and the most stripped-down car ever. The windows are manual, the door locks are manual -- there isn't even a "lock all doors" button, which means I have to remind the kids to lock their doors all the time. That's OK, we all fit, and it has a zippy little engine, handling highway speeds without a shudder or hesitation. Of course, highway speeds in MA means 65-75 mph, as opposed to Phoenix where highway speeds are 75-85 mph, but the car is in New England and it's suiting me just fine.

What is not suiting me at all, it turns out, is this haircut. I have to spend at least 20 minutes straightening it to get it to look somewhat decent, as in the pictures below -- but on beach days, it's all crazy-curly, to the point that even DD comments, "Mom, your hair looks wild." The problem is, the back is too short to control (after a month of growing out, it's barely two inches in some places with all the layering), even though the front is finally long enough to pin back. I will just have to put up with it until it grows out -- but I'm officially warning myself here never to get my hair cut that short again unless I am willing to commit myself to it being curly.

1 comment:

nina said...

wild is good!!!!!!!