Wednesday, October 19, 2005

it's a go

Surgery tomorrow, check-in at 11AM. The dr will do a right neck dissection, plus 3 other things that involve polysyllabic words preceding the word "dissection."

However, Dr C doesn't do the huge incision, he'll just make my current scar longer.

Expect to be in hospital over night, discharged to the hotel the next day, and OK to fly home as long as I am not puking -- so hoping to get home Sunday.

Feeling a little insane but also relieved now. My BP finally registered its normal (low) usual when they took it in pre-op: 88/54. Funny how I seemed to relax when I finally know what's going to happen, even though it's surgery.

DH is making arrangements to fly in tonight. I think he's worried and feeling a little harried right now, I hope he's OK. Haven't managed to get a hold of my mom or the kids today, but there is still plenty of time for that.

Now R & I will figure out what to do with my remaining hours of freedom (hee). Yesterday we spent a long afternoon at the zoo and had a good time. The weather here is really lovely.

1 comment:

nina said...

good luck. it'll be good to have it over with.