Monday, October 03, 2005

fed up already

Endless negative buzz and chatter on my usual reads today regarding the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

Usually I appreciate the insight and knowledge that the blogosphere provides on "big picture" situations like this. But today I am just not in the mood. It has only been a few hours since Miers' nomination, and honestly no one knows much about her. Already everyone on the conservative side is whining and proclaiming doom. Maybe she'll suck, I don't know. Maybe Bush did just appoint her because she's his friend -- I'm sure how well he knows her did factor into his decision, but usually he is a very good politician. This decision doesn't seem to fit with what we know about the president, although he's done exactly this thing before in choosing Cheney to be his VP.

Anyway, everyone's going to be all grumpy about this for who knows how many weeks, and I'm already bored. I know it's important to ground the Court and I have no idea whether or not Miers can do that. I just know there's going to be a lot of mud slung around and it ain't gonna be pretty, and it ain't gonna be fun. We don't need all this negativity.

One upside: until this mess is settled, maybe I'll have more time to do stuff offline.

No comments: