Thursday, June 01, 2006

(micro) yay!

Nothing major, just a couple of good things.

First, my biopsy results from the dermatologist came back "fine." I haven't read the report but I'll take their word for it that I'm OK. *whew*

Second, my new dosing of the RA meds is apparently working. (Knock me over with a feather.) I can do things like open jars without much effort, and I worked on Teddy for hours last night and did not wake up feeling like a cripple today. I knew it would take a while to kick in if it was going to work, but I wasn't, actually, you know, expecting that it would work, ever. So it's really very nice that it appears to be working, and I hope it keeps up.

Blips: I had a brief dizzy spell a few days ago. I almost fell off the chair in front of the screen here -- how odd. I can't recall that ever happening before, even when I was pregnant (I may not be remembering accurately, though.) Also, weird numbness/tingling/crawlie sensations in my feet are happening almost every day, and I'm trying to figure out if it's a calcium thing or a neurological thing, since it doesn't seem related to position or activity or anything like that. I'm just keeping an eye on it for now. Last: very lumpy feeling in the throat, which would freak me out if Dr. O, the amazing ENT, hadn't just looked at it quite thoroughly and declared that he couldn't feel anything. Whatever that is, it will keep until August.

No comments: