Monday, August 06, 2007

that was quick


Today was the first day of school -- navigated successfully all around, with hopes that we'll settle into a new routine very soon.

I had my whole body scan today, and it was completely clear -- so much so that they didn't even bother doing the two small-field scans of my neck. There just wasn't anything to look at there, so they let me go. I was there for barely an hour, and it seemed shorter because I kept dosing off.

That was a good news, now I just have to wait until Thursday to find out what my thyroglobulin (Tg) was to see if there's anything going on that might necessitate something like a PET/CT scan to ferret it out. You'll forgive me if I don't put too much stock in negative scans, since I've had negative scans at the same time as a boatload of cancer. Last year my Tg elevated to around 4.5, it would be nice if it just stayed there. We'll see.

No comments: