Thursday, August 09, 2007

half-measured

I had my follow-up appointment today, and it was more or less a waste of time, because my thyroglobulin test results are not yet back from Dr. Spencer's lab out at USC. I can call and get those results on the 14th. Yay.

I did get copies of all my other test results, though -- the ultrasound, the whole body scan, and the before-and-after TSH tests. After the two Thyrogen shots, my TSH went up to an astonishing 159.

It's no wonder I'm still feeling pretty whacked out. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to bring that down to the 0.20-0.10 that it's supposed to be.

Now what? In the near term, nothing, as long as my high-TSH thyroglobulin comes back less than, say, 10. (Last year, it was around 4.5.) That means I can cancel my end-of-month appointments in Houston, too; next up will be an ultrasound in January.

If the Tg does come back elevated, I'll go for a PET/CT scan, and we'll see what happens from there. I'll be speechless if it's elevated, though. I am so done with this disease, and the stress of these follow-ups.

No comments: