Wednesday, April 04, 2007

something from nothing

After all that whining earlier, today turned out to be a really fantastic, productive day.

I'm at the beginning of a new adventure, but I'm not going to say more because the details are not nailed down yet. I will say that it's nice to be able to put my various talents to good use -- to shake myself out of the ridiculous funk I sometimes find myself in, of believing that I'm good-for-nothing. How absurd!

The further my surgeries recede into the past, the more willing I am to just do it. It's horrible to quote an athletic shoe ad but there it is -- there's nothing holding me back any more. From time to time I have a moment of paralyzing negative conjecture, but I let it go. Jump off that bridge when the time comes, right?

For now, I'm just thinking: I can do this.

2 comments:

Sheik Yerbootie said...

today turned out to be a really fantastic, productive day.

Mine too. I finally finished my do-wop collection with some very rare recordings of the Del Vikings singing in an empty aircraft hanger. I talked the owner into allowing me to have them digitally cleaned up and put on CD. Just received my copy today. And the former owner of the tape, gave it to me for preservation. WHOO HOO!!

That phase of my music collection is complete. Onto the next challenge - restoring my Link Wray albums.

nina said...

Yes you can, Joan.