Wednesday, May 10, 2006

comeuppance

So, I was up past 2AM last night. (Stupid)

Today was 1) miserable 2) productive.

I am not allowed to complain about how lousy I feel on days when I've only managed 4 hours sleep the night before, for no good reason. So I don't, I just do the stuff that needs to get done, muddling through somehow.

My hands, though -- I can never remember having such trouble with my hands. I actually broke down and took some Aleve as I was trying to get dinner together, because my hands were useless. That's a new thing, very bad hands late in the day. They usually suck first thing in the morning, but then the stiffness wears off and I'm usually OK, maybe a 3 or 4 for the rest of the day. This evening I'd peg them as high as 6. Even now, with the Aleve merrily coursing through my veins, they're still creaky and popping, at least a 4. On the meds! 4! The hell?

Now, I'm going to pop another Aleve and go to bed, hoping my hands (and all the rest of me) will feel better after a decent night's sleep.

No comments: