Saturday, January 14, 2006

woosh

Today slipped by me so quickly, I have no idea where it went.

I did a little cleaning. I talked to a friend in the morning and my sister in the evening. I did a little cooking: I made some chicken soup for dinner. (The kids had pancakes and bacon.)

I lost a couple of hours in the late afternoon: DS1 had another outburst at school today. The common circumstances I can identify are 1) he was hungry 2) they were out of the normal routine 3) the teacher asked him to do something he did not understand and therefore did not want to do. So: talking to the teachers involved, talking to the boy himself, talking to DH about what to do about this stuff, and then reading through my favorite parenting book for advice; alas, I came up with nothing. The problem is, it's about half temperament and half manipulation, and you deal with these issues in very different ways.

The hunger symptom is one that we can perhaps address, so I made an appointment for him at the pediatrician this week, where we'll explore things like hypoglycemia or other possible metabolic problems (food sensitivies? I don't know.) Other kids can drink Snapple and not turn into raving lunatics; DS1 can't. There's got to be something going on there.

I don't know why I have this sense there's something I should have done. Whatever it is, it did not get done.

2 comments:

nina said...

...should have done with your day or with your child? Because for me, days slip by quickly, ineffectively more often than not. And as far as being able to pinpoint the source of kid behavior (good or bad) issues: hey, it's way easier to do when they are older and you are looking back in time. Nothing is easy when you are in the midst of it all.

micheeled said...

Useful information shared...Aim very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. Woosh http://wooshwoosh.tumblr.com/