Monday, November 07, 2005

"Schultzie" moments

I know nothink!

Seriously. I haven't heard a peep about my pathology reports, and I'll be sure to update everyone as soon as I hear something, OK?

I love my family dearly and all my friends, too, but en masse they achieve a sort of serial relentlessness: Have you heard anything yet? What's the news?

No one pesters me more than once a day, and no one person even pesters me two days in a row. But every single day, at least one person, often two or three people, will ask me. And all those kindly-meant questions add up to one me just wanting to get through a day not being reminded that there is news out there that I am not particularly eager to hear.

Doesn't matter. Elf, my physical therapist (my blog-name for her, and I'm not sure she'd appreciate it, so it won't ever make it out to the Real World) has declared me OK to go to back to yoga class. If the steri-strips ever detach themselves (this is a particularly tenacious bunch, it seems), I'll be able to get back into the pool. Can't wait. Elf is very happy with my progress: You're only two-and-a-half weeks out of surgery and look at you! You're doing great.

I am. My head/neck mobilities are much improved, some are nearly normal, and the rest are coming along. I can sleep lying down now. I do keep getting killer headaches but I'm doing all right with Aleve + Tylenol -- although I'm still feeling it keenly whenever either one wears out. The numbness/nerve weirdness on the right side of my neck and along my right ear are persisting with no recent changes, and that is very annoying, but hopefully that will subside over time, too.

No comments: