Monday, January 13, 2020

shocker!

For me, anyway: my T3 (Cytomel) prescription ran out and I didn't bother to refill it.

My endocrinologists have for years been trying to take me off it, and I've always resisted.  I experimented a while ago - maybe 10 years ago? - with dropping it, and I didn't feel well, so I went back on it.  But now my endo is trying to regulate my TSH and get it up to a more euthyroid level, and it hasn't responded at all.  I think the T3 is the culprit!

We'll (maybe) find out on Monday, when I'm having labs done before my brain MRI. (sigh)

I feel OK. All systems are working reasonably well, but I did get a killer headache this afternoon and that's atypical for me. 

DH and I went to Tucson to hear David Sanborn as part of the Tucson Jazz Festival last Saturday, and had a lovely and extravagant time.  Lots of drinking and eating!  And of course the scale is creeping up up up... perhaps my decreased thyroid meds have something to do with that? 

I won't blame my meds for the fact that I have had zero self-control this past holiday season!  But we're back in Ordinary Time, liturgically and otherwise, so I'll be sticking to indulgences that don't involve calories for a while. Tonight's indulgence:  BB&W "Comfort" frankincense and myrrh scented candle and Moulin Rouge! helping me get through updating all my grade books!

No comments: