Tuesday, January 07, 2020

ever-so-slightly crushed

I was finally able to overcome technical hurdles and get a message to my new endocrinologist about my perfect vision field test results:  Do I still need that brain MRI that's scheduled for later this month?  

The answer came back very quickly: Yes.  

I'm confused about this, because I thought it was scheduled because of the VFT that went poorly a while back, so if this one was OK, we'd back off.  I mean, I just had one 6 months ago, and they are really not fun. 

I'm surprised how much this is upsetting me, probably because I had already settled in my mind that I wouldn't need to do it!  Hmmm.

Back at school, consequently exhausted simply from being out of practice.  The additional task of trying to get our young robotics team ready for the state competition isn't helping.

I'm noticing I lack emotional resilience right now.  I'm trying to go-with-the-flow and not let inconsequential things upset me, but I'm not being too successful.  Perhaps with more sleep?  Time to give that a try.

I want to be able to enjoy all the good things that are going on in my life (like DS2 cooking a spectacular dinner tonight) but those efforts are being constantly sabotaged.  I do think more and better sleep will help bolster my defenses.  Here's hoping.

No comments: