Thursday, August 17, 2006

downer

I'm not exactly depressed, I just don't feel like doing anything. I'm simultaneously free and constrained -- a few hours here or there, then obligations that must be met. It's weird and I'm not used to it, and being on the LID is making me grumpy even though I don't feel at all hungry or deprived. I do get frustrated trying to figure out what to make for dinner, but even that is not the end of the world. I just need to get a grip.

Small things are sending me over the edge these days. For example, the pick-up routine at school has been most likely irreversibly screwed over, and it looks like I'm going to have to come up with something clever to avoid having to spend 40 minutes getting the kids every day. We'll see.

Yesterday vanished with very little accomplished, although I did catch up with two girlfriends (there went the day.) Today I took DH's car in for an oil change and brake inspection and there went two hours, and now I'm whiling away the time before I have to go pick up DS1 for his orthodontist appointment.

I don't like this purposelessness. I have to figure out something to do with myself!

Unfortunately my persistent sinus infection is getting in the way of me doing anything productive. I've accomplished a bit by puttering, but really, I know I can do more and it bothers me that I'm not. DH's advice: Get yourself a good book! In other words: relax! quit stressing yourself out!

How I love that man.

No comments: