Thursday, May 27, 2010

Agritopia

Lunch at Joe's Farm Grill today -- absolutely fantastic, again, and now I've figured out how to order so we only get twice as much food as we need (it's unavoidable), as opposed to 3x.

Life is like a bag o' peaches? If only.


After lunch, went over to the Farm Stand and bought some peaches. They don't look like much, but they are absolutely incredible. The best peaches I've had in years, possibly ever.

But we didn't know about that until after dinner. To pay for the peaches, I needed some smaller bills -- it's honor system, and I owed $4 but all I had were 5s, 10s, and 20s. I went into the Coffee Shop directly across the courtyard, appreciating very much the gorgeous sky blue scooter perched in the first "scooter parking only" slot right by the door.

First thing, when you open the door, is the incredible coffee aroma, of course. It amazes me you can't buy a coffee-scented candle. It's one of the most delightful scents. I just wanted to stand there and inhale for a while, but the kids were waiting, so I went up to the counter to get some change -- and that's when I saw the cupcakes. Insanely beautiful cupcakes -- I knew we couldn't leave without trying them.

I got my change, paid for the peaches, and told the kids they had to see these cupcakes, and they could get one if they wanted. DS1 chose the coconut, which resembled a pink snowball only made with real coconut and some kind of edible sugar glitter; DD chose the "vanilla glam", a vanilla cupcake with gorgeous pink frosting and the same glitter; DS2 chose the "cookie dough", which tasted, amazingly, like cookie dough with some cream cheese/buttercream frosting, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. These cupcakes had the unique property of tasting even better than they looked, and they looked fantastic. They had quite possibly the most delicious frosting I've ever tasted. I think it had marzipan in it.

We had leftovers from lunch for dinner.

No comments: