Friday, October 24, 2008

not so bad, not so good

My mother doesn't have cancer, but there are still tests pending and she has to undergo another series of blood tests and other intrusive and unpleasant procedures to try and figure out why her blood counts are so low. While we know it's not cancer, we don't know what exactly it is, so we just have to wait.

Today was a blur in which I accomplished very little -- wrote up the landscape proposal to send to the homeowner's association, checked DS1's math homework, that's about it.

I feel slightly less wretched knowing my mother doesn't have cancer (I like saying that) but in all honesty, not much. The background stress level has ticked down a couple of notches, but it's still pretty high.

I have to think: I'll be better tomorrow. Is there any good reason to think that? No, but why should I let that stop me?

No comments: