Sunday, May 04, 2008

catching up

I had my talk with the administration, and they said some nice-sounding, even fair-sounding, things, things which may even be true. Still, if you were going to invite someone to a meeting on Thursday, wouldn't you notify them of the meeting some time before Thursday?

My favorite part of the meeting:
Admin: You should talk to me before you get upset.
Me: I am talking to you.

I pushed this a bit, too: has there been any indication, other than the email I sent to you, that I'm upset? Because I would hope that I'm professional in my behavior and would want to know if I haven't been.

"Oh, no, no, nothing like that," they insisted.

Fine.

At one point this week, I got into it with "my" kid, who told me point blank to go away. "I can't," I stated flatly. "It's my job."

"Why do you want this job, anyway?" he asked.

I think I laughed nearly a full minute then, and had to beg off with "It's too complicated to explain," when he wanted to know why I was laughing.

I'm making the best of it.

DH left on Thursday for CT, he's helping his folks around their house. DD got sick Friday night and thereby threw a spanner into the works for the weekend. Today (Saturday) was a wretched day which I refuse to recount in the hope that I might someday soon forget it.

Some days I feel like everything's going well. Today was not one of them. It was a hanging-by-a-thread day, when everything threatened to come apart. It didn't, though, and that's what I have to keep reminding myself.

No comments: