Monday, February 24, 2020

late February check-in

I'm into my second week on my newly-lowered thyroid medication dose, 88 mcg/day.  This is astonishingly small, since I've also dropped the 5 mcg/day of T3 I was taking... essentially half of the dose I had been on for, oh, about 15 years.

Biggest problem so far: gastroparesis, big time.  Small meals without too much fat or protein aren't too bad, but just about every dinner has me reaching for my crystallized ginger in the hope of getting my stomach working again.  Fortunately I haven't noticed any reflux but the bloated, nothing's-moving feeling is yucky.   And I'm still trying to get my intestines to function properly, too, but that at least seems to be getting better? Who knows.

Parent-teacher conferences were last week so the week was a blur, but it was overall really positive.  I got a lot of great responses to the science fair.   If it was brought up, it was in a complimentary way, which was just awesome.  Still glad it's over.

Chem labs started today and I'm exhausted with all the extra running around campus!  Of course it's my week to clean the teacher's lounge, too -- timing is everything.  Perhaps with all the extra running around and having absolutely no appetite, I can finally lose the weight I piled on over the last few months of 2019...

Admin requested a blurb describing our proposed electives classes, requested by Friday.  This is really a shame since we were hoping to dodge this particular bullet.  I had the thought, What if I just don't do it? 

I've already decided I want to stay, so I'm doing my best not to get too spun-up about it.  We'll see how it goes.  We're using a Robotics curriculum for our spring meetings, and I'll just adapt that, but I am a bit cranky about this.  I would much rather do other things!

Lent starts on Wednesday, and Saturday is Leap Day.  I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by.

No comments: