Friday, February 07, 2020

at last!

It's always an odd feeling when a long-anticipated event draws near: the processes that brought this day about have been in progress since the apparent Dawn of Time, and now, suddenly, here it is!  Weird.

I'm talking, of course, about the science fair, which kicks off in approximately 8 hours, give or take a few minutes. 

I've been managing my students' work on their projects since August.  It really is quite a long time! 

I'm in good shape for the day, I think -- I have a map, and a key, and I've sorted out which projects the judges should look at, and I've actually graded everything except the students' log books.   That in itself is a testimony to my determination, because I just didn't want to have to do any grading on the day of the fair itself!  (At least not project grading... I have a couple of assignments to plow through before next week's end-of-term deadline.)

There are 64 projects this year, a full 50% increase over last year.  Now I finally see why I keep getting crunched by my grading!  It's a lot easier to manage the process when there are only 40-odd projects to keep track of.

I am up too late again after checking the map, typing it up, and creating the key... but mostly because I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until after 10, so I got a solid 2 hours in there.  Off to bed now, though.  It's going to be a very long day! 

It will be lovely to have it over with, that's for sure.

(Apologies for all the exclamation marks in this post. They are unnecessarily ubiquitous these days but I do feel they're appropriate here!)

No comments: