Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Managing

Temperatures have dropped below 80 degrees finally, so I'm back to wearing layers and layers, and I put the big cuddly blanket back on the couch.  The boys all wander around the house in shorts and t-shirts, when I'm bundled against a cold they don't feel.  A side effect of my lowered thyroid meds? Possibly. For a while there, I felt like my thermostat was more like a normal person (ha!), but now I'm back to being too cold or too hot a lot of the time.  I don't get it.

The weekend was a blur of Thanksgiving preparations, helped along a bit by the fact our internet was down for most of it.  It's amazing what you can get done in the real world when you're not spending hours online.  In general I've been better about that since I have too much to do, but the temptation is always there. 

There's only so much you can do so many days ahead: dry out the bread for stuffing, make the cranberry sauce, that sort of thing.  The apples are ready for the pie, which was the probably the most time-consuming of the prep tasks.  Tuesday afternoon I'll be making the pie crust and popping it into the fridge to be ready for baking on Wednesday.  There's still some laundry and general cleaning to do, also, but that can wait until Wednesday, too, because our house guests' flight doesn't land until 9PM. 

One more day of school this week and my heart is just not in it... I want to be home cooking and baking or just under a blanket reading a good book or knitting.  In the face of all the many tasks I have ahead of me, I still found the time to start that scarf project.  So far it's working up nicely, but we'll see if I actually like the final product!  I do like the pattern itself, but I'm not sure about the weight of the yarn I'm using for it.  Since the pattern is so flexible, there is no "wrong" yarn to use, but I'm not sure I'll end up with a scarf that I would actually wear!  We'll see. 

No comments: