Monday, November 18, 2019

missed one...

Yeah, last week wasn't a great one, so it's no wonder I missed my weekly post.

Apparently, I'm doing fine on the thyroid meds, so I should just stop worrying about it.  I'll have a blood test in another couple of weeks and we'll see what the doctor says about my levels.

Ironically, the weekend was long and lovely.  I had time to finish everything I needed to do, and I even got to work on the alterations to the dress I bought over a year ago, to make it fit for work (that is, long enough -- I sewed some wide lace at the hem).  Many compliments when I wore it, too.

Since Monday was Veterans' Day, we had a short week, but short weeks with Monday off are always the worst.  It just felt like crisis after crisis, albeit minor, and/or every time I  turned around something else was popping up to take away class time.

I survivied, we all survived.  DH has a brutal cold right now and DS1 was making noises that he was coming down with something, too.  So far I'm healthy, thank God.

Trying to be good about doing my tiny exercise set each day, and I do think it helps.  Still not doing very well at getting to bed at a decent hour, though.  I'll sleep when I'm dead still rattles around in the back of my brain some days, but that attitude convinced me that it was OK to read an entire (albeit not very long) book last week, Bernard Cromwell's Agincourt, which I adored. Way too much fun, and I did spread it out over three days, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Also not as bad as it could have been: the number of peppermint mochas consumed by me last week; was it 4, or 5? I just want them all the time now, they are so delicious.

In another fit of insanity, I bought some beautiful (very cheap) yarn and a new, simple but very cool knitting pattern to work it up in.
 Now to get caught up on my grades so I can actually start that project!

No comments: