Sunday, October 27, 2019

not just love

I have a saying, kind of a family motto: Food is love.  There is nothing better than sharing a meal with my family or others that I love, and it's made even better if I, or we, prepare that food especially for the occasion.  Even if the occasion is just Sunday morning breakfast.

Today I realized that it's not just love, it's therapy.  I got up earlier than I could have and made the big fall breakfast: eggs, bacon, Trader Joe's gluten free pumpkin pancakes... and that chip on my shoulder has shrunk considerably.

My frustration this week involved struggling to do what I need to do when there are other things that I'd much rather do. As an adult, I do what I have to do, but as a human, I get annoyed if I never get to have any fun! (This from the woman who just got back from a weekend trip to New Orleans...)  But even if I can't do everything I want to do, I can at least take the time to make a decent breakfast. 

Bonus: leftover pancakes make great take-to-school snacks. 

No comments: