Friday, June 07, 2019

into the maelstrom

In five days, give or take, I'll start the low iodine diet in preparation for my whole body scan two weeks from today.   That will give me a solid week before my dose of radioactive iodine.  It ought to be enough...

I have an inordinate amount of medical appointments scheduled for the week after next.  I feel as if they have come out of nowhere, but they all materialized over the last few days.  I have three ultrasound-related appointments, and then four whole-body-scan-related appointments, and three trips to the lab.  I still need to schedule my last follow-up appointment, which will be right before I head into my pre-service days, as well as a "spot check" .  

I don't really want to think about my summer being over yet, but that's how this plays out.  I really wanted to do the scan in early June, but that didn't work out.  At least I'm not driving all the way into downtown Phoenix this time, but the situation is still somewhat tenuous.  At UHC downtown, I went every day to the same place for the injections, the dose, and the scan.  At the closer place, I'm in a different locale for each step!  They sound like they have their act together.  I just hope they do.  

Next week, I'm teaching at a STEM summer camp program at my school.  It's a later start than my usual school days, I'll be out by 4, so the days won't be too long.  I hope having a broken toe doesn't impair my ability to have fun while I'm there!  

No comments: