Thursday, July 19, 2018

coasting

I counted this morning.  I have eleven days of summer vacation left, give or take.  The schedule's not set in stone.

I'm still nursing the broken toe, although I go long periods of time without thinking about it.  But then this morning, I woke up early because it was killing me.  I periodically have this issue where the splint-wrap just feels way too tight, even though it was fine moments ago... and eventually it settles down and stops bothering me.  Weird.

Vacation was overall lovely, but ten days was too long to be away.  We broke up the trip with a quick jaunt to Massachusetts to see family, and on our return to Connecticut, most of us were just ... done.  DH and I went with DS1 to see the Greater Hartford Shakespeare Co's Pericles, Prince of Tyre, which was rather silly but well-produced, but other than that, we just hung around for the most part.  We did some antiquing and I found a nice sort-of icon of Mary:


At least I think it's Mary.  It's an unusual presentation, but from what I could find out in researching the symbolism of the blue, star-strewn robe, gold gown, and open book, it's probably Mary.

Our travels home were uneventful (other than our first flight's 40-minute delay, which made making the connection in DFW interesting), and now I'm back to keeping the foot elevated while I read nearly all day.

I'm getting antsy about back-to-school preparations, but there's really not much I can do.   I started the online Google for Educators training, but I don't want to commit any more time to that until I get word that we are actually using it this year -- then I may go so far as to get the certification.  And I'd love to get started on my seating charts, name cards, and all that jazz, but I don't have rosters yet.  Since I literally can't do anything until we get our classroom keys back and hear from admin about everything else, I'm doing my best to just relax and enjoy these last lazy-ish days. 

Now if I could get DS2's room painted...

No comments: