Wednesday, August 15, 2012

6 steps forward, 1 step back, repeat

Sticking, mostly, to the new diet: no grain, no dairy, no sugar, no caffeine, no chocolate, no alcohol.  I splurge a little from time to time but overall eat well.  I take DGL three times a day and I'm about to take my third D-limonene capsule, so it's too early to tell if that's working.

Results: very little heartburn.  RA still gone (miraculously).  Weight: dropped a little more, so now I actually weigh what it says on my license, or maybe a pound less.  My throat is sore, though, and I don't know whether that's from silent reflux (reflux when no symptoms of heartburn are felt), or because I started teaching and spend all day talking.  The lumpy-throat feeling comes and goes (not-good sign) but I'm having only minor problems singing (very good sign).  I don't know.

Ginger root in warm water before bed, still, too.  I like it.   And my digestion has finally slowed down again, so maybe I did just catch a little bug.  It's nice when all the systems work the way they are supposed to.

Today I wanted a coffee, but the desire for coffee was outweighed by the thought of having to deal with heartburn, so I had just a sip of DD's and settled for that.  I would like to be able to eat like a normal person again some day, but I'm not ready for that yet: my occasional splurges don't unwind all the progress I've made, but they do push me back a little. A step back now and then is OK as long as the general momentum is forward.

No comments: