Tuesday, August 20, 2019

new dose, day 1

For about 15 years now I've been on the same level of thyroid medication.  After my last (exhaustive) round of tests, my new doctor has declared me "disease free" which is very nice (I don't really buy it, but whatever, the effect is the same) and decided to lower my daily thyroid meds from 137 mcg/day to 125 mcg/day.  I dimly recall being on a lower dose before my cancer diagnosis, but that was all so very long ago...

Anyway, I have some trepidations about this.  I know my dose is high, it gets flagged as high every time I have blood work done.  But I feel good.  This is "normal" for me now.  I'm not particularly enthusiastic about adapting to a new normal, not when the school year has just begun.

That's going just fine, except for me wearing THE BOOT at school because that damned pinkie toe is still not healed.  I actually bought a new supplement designed to promote bone growth and I'm now putting up my foot in class to try to get it to actually heal.  It has been more than 2 months now!  I would like this process to be over.

Lots of stuff happened that I did not write about, as usual, now.  I accept that is the way things are for the present and forseeable future. Overall things are just fine and I have every reason to expect they will stay that way!

No comments: