Tuesday, March 05, 2019

rollercoaster...

The weather is back to its expected, usual beautiful: mid 70s during the day, pleasantly brisk overnight. No complaints there.

School is extremely busy.  Every week it's something: first it was science fair, then end of trimester and parent-teacher conferences, and now it's chemistry.  I love this curriculum, but I'm in the lab with my 8th graders every day and it's just a lot of running back forth, setting up and putting away, making sure I've got all the supplies, washing dishes... it's just a lot. 

All that running around is time I would use for grading, so of course I'm behind again, even though I caught up over the weekend for this week's round of failure notices. *sigh*

But next week is spring break!  I can surely make it through the rest of this week!

[It would be easier if my heart ache would settle down.  Some days I think everything is going to be all right, other days, not so much.  I read this quote once, and haven't been able to attribute it, but it's so true: being a mother is becoming accustomed to having your heart walk around outside of your body... and that's why it hurts so much. God willing it will all come right in the end.]

No comments: