Friday, March 23, 2012

fake

Today at the end of my prep hour (in which I - for once - did actual lesson planning) I noticed that my endocrinologist's office had called. In the vastness of my classroom, I rarely hear my cell phone vibrating.

I tried to call back but got funneled through to voice mail and gave up, only to find that they had left me a message. I felt distinctly uneasy -- why are they calling me today, my appointment's not until Tuesday, they wouldn't be reminding me so soon, so there must be some news...

No such luck. The message was a simple appointment reminder. Still don't know whether I'm coming or going.

[It's not that I don't work during my prep hour, it's just that lesson planning is usually my Sunday evening activity. Prep hour is usually for cleaning, assembling or putting away lab supplies, grading, updating the gradebook, or writing tests.]

No comments: