Monday, August 18, 2008

good news, bad news?

My ENT called this afternoon. He is my favorite doctor of all time, which is saying something since my OB saw me through three pregnancies and is completely wonderful, too.

Anyway, Dr. O called to tell me that my hearing test came back perfect, which is the good news.

The bad news is that he wants to see me to follow-up on the results of the neck ultrasound I had a few weeks ago. My endocrinologist was OK with that lymph node it identified in my left neck, but he wants to take a look. I respect his opinion, so I made an appointment and will be seeing him next Wednesday.

This isn't really bad news, and I'm trying not to get worked up about it. He's just being thorough, after all. My TSH was so low (0.03) and my Tg (thyroglobulin, my tumor marker) has dropped from 0.28 to 0.23, so, nothing to worry about, right? (I admit, I would be much happier if it would come back truly undetectable, so far that's not happening.)

Since I'm in here talking about health-related issues, I've got a trifecta of freakish injuries running: 1) a slight case of tendonitis in my left Achilles that's going on its fourth week now 2) bruised index and middle fingers on my right hand that I have no memory of injuring; I must have smacked something really hard and 3) muscle strain in my right neck/shoulder I think from the combination of too much phone time and falling asleep in an awkward position on the couch. When I wake up in the morning I can't walk because my left leg is so tensed up, and my right hand is frozen. The headaches that descend when the ibuprofen wears off are so reminiscent of those I had post-op after my neck dissection it's depressing. Taking the aforementioned ibuprofen and judicious stretching gets everything moving again, but this has been a rough couple of weeks.

No comments: