Sunday, November 22, 2020

slacker

 I am compelled to write again because that last post was so dire I don't want it to be at the top any more.

I don't exactly know why it was a such a hard week last week, and that day in particular so bad (beyond the typical exhaustion).  It really was bad, too.  But the next day was better, and now I'm more or less back to whatever "normal" is these days.

Friday work ended early so DH and I did the bulk of the Thanksgiving shopping, and that was fantastic.  I picked up a few things I forgot yesterday morning first thing, but now we're set. 

Since I'm only teaching 2 days this week, prepping my lessons was finished by 11AM Saturday.  And then I took the rest of the day off, and today, too!  I may get motivated to do some grading this evening, but if I don't, the world will not end.

Also, DH is taking vacation this week, so I am letting him take care of the cleaning.  I admit, I do feel some guilt because of all the time I've spent doing nothing this weekend, but I needed time to recharge.

DS2 called from boot camp this weekend!  He clarified that missing last week was just a mix up, and he gets 30 minutes a week.  He also gave me his dates for his Christmas break and told a few good basic training stories.  It's so good to hear from him and to hear how happy he sounds.  

We're all just keeping on.  Eventually life will get back to normal, but there's no telling when that will be.  One small sign of normalcy: looking forward to the holidays!

No comments: