Tuesday, May 07, 2019

wistful

This evening was DS2's last high school chorus concert, and it was wonderful.  The senior boys of the Men's Choir did an adorable rendition of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," and the Schola Cantorum was brilliant as always. 

We'll get to hear him sing one more time, at graduation... and that may be it.

Already I'm sad. The end of an era is fast approaching. All three of my children are legal adults.  DS2 is already enrolled in his classes for the fall, but I had to stop myself from typing "three college students" because DS1 is graduating tomorrow!  So, two college students, but no high schoolers anymore. 

It's so strange to think about how little they were once, and how big they are now.  Me? I'm just the same, or at least I feel that way.  Maybe that's what makes it so hard: they are growing and changing so much, and any changes (or growth) for me are nearly imperceptible.

No comments: