Thursday, June 03, 2010

as usual

Every test came back normal. That's good news, of course, but frustrating since I don't feel well.

Today is my first day on amitriptyline. It's supposed to prevent the headaches, which the neuro is convinced are migraines. It's main use is as an anti-depressant, but off-label use as a migraine preventive goes back at least 10 years.

Main side effects: drowsiness and dry mouth -- check and check. I took it at about 10PM last night, hoping to abate morning drowsiness. I got up with the kids at 6:30 and got them off to school, and promptly fell asleep on the couch from 8:30 to 10. It didn't really help that much, I still feel background fatigue. I'm also grouchy but that could just be because I'm irritated that there's nothing "officially" wrong and that doesn't align with what I'm experiencing.

Apparently it takes about a month for the amitriptyline to actually do anything regarding preventing the headache. We'll see if I last that long with it.

No comments: